Sunday 15 August 2010

Bam, high school final exams

Last days at high school. We had a final exam which was strictly supervised by the education authorities. This photo was taken on 20 June, 1960. We are sitted in rows in a way not to be able to cheat. I am in the front. Mr Deljuie, head of Education Department is watching over us.
I was ill for part of the year. I was down with an unknown fever for three months in the winter of 1959-60. My aunt Iran and Grandma bibi Atieh took care of me but the doctor couldn't diagnoise my illness. I was so skinny and weak that at some stage they thought I might die so grandma wrote to my mum asking her to come over from Jiroft. She came in distress with my 25 days old baby brother, Massoud wrapped in a bundle. She was bewildered and in loss to see me in that state. Slowly, slowly I recovered and decided to take part in the final exam. I was a good student and passed the final year with 17 out 20 marks final score.


No comments: