Saturday 23 July 2011

Colleg years come to an end taking us into what made our dreams and our future.




Well, an era of my life came to a close with this photo which is the last of the series of my college years.


It is a very dear photo to me as it shows all I cared for in those years. And maybe for the first time after 50 years I can show you the the photo of the first and the last young man I fanicied seriously. Just fancied. Nothing came out of it. Just a youthful crash. Nothing less. He is the young man second from left on the third row ( will not reveal his name in case he might read this blog). I am sitting right behind the man with the tie and white shirt and I know I would never see my amorous again as a chapter of our lives was coming to a close and we went out separate ways. Akhtar is beside me talking to some one. A speck of moment registered in history and all gone and forgotten. Look at all these faces; beautiful, handsome, elegant, having no relevance with the ugliness through which Iranian students are portrayed these days. I wonder where all these young men and women of 1950s-60s Iran are and what did they do with their lives? Mine sailed through calm seas as well as very rough waves and high winds and thunder and also calm and sunny days. Flaoting, dreaming, soundless as a feather.

No comments: