Friday 22 July 2011

How do all these women look? Where are they?

This was taken in 1961 just before we finish our degree.

Here we are once again. Standing from left is Akhtar with that hair! Rouhi Salahshour.

Sitting from left a girl from my class, me, Rafa'at Hassanpour and Pouran Amini.

Where are all these women I wonder? Old? Dead? Alive? Have they lived a happy life?

The last I saw Akhtar after some 24 years, I wished I hadn't seen her and instead kept the sweet memories I had of her. She had become old (was 4 years older than me), moany with that husband who had turned into a religous fenatic. We didn't have much in common and our time spent in me listening to some one I knew not. When I left their apartment, all those sweet memories of our youth evaporated like bubbles over water. Was our life all bubbles over water?

No comments: