Sunday 24 July 2011

A wedding, my friend's sister got married!




The wedding of Akhtar's younger sister Heshmat. The photo in the left: I am standing beside Akhtar, Simin who by then had turned into an elegant young woman is standing on the left of the bride. The photo on the right: young, teenage Manuchehr is in the background, eating something. I am standing beside the bride and there are others I don't remember their names.


Akhtar's younger sister, came to stay with her and study like Simin and Mannuchehr who lived with me. Akhtar had a number of older sisters who lived in Bam. They had lost their mother in young age. When I met Akhtar in mid-1950s she was already motherless. Their father was a very good man who took care of them all. As it seemed very normal in those days, as soon as Akhtar came to Tehran to study she took her sister with her. They never left Tehran.


For the history I must add a few lines here. In those days young men and women were sent to Tehran to study on their own. the families trusted their children. I knew a lot of girls who had rented rooms in the houses where other rooms were occupied by male students. There was a friendly and safe relationship among all and respect was the rule of land. Nosrat lived in such condition where we often went for a chat during lunch times, knowing that other male students lived in other rooms. No one bothered anyone. All seemed natural unlike these days that relations between men and women students is contantly curtailed in fear of immoral behaviour.

No comments: