Friday 22 July 2011

Teachers Training College, Tehran, 1959

A snowy day in the winter of 1959 on the grounds of college. From right: Nosrat Razavi, me and a Kermani student whom I have forgotten her name. Nosrat was from Bam and much older than us but she attended the college the same year as we did. She married one of the students in a ceremoney shortly after the college finished. Both she and her husband became hight school teachers. Later rumours were around that she had joined the SAVAK, the Shah's secret police and got into high positions in the ministry of education. I never sawy her after I left college. As with the other woman, she attended the college with headscarf but when she soon abandoned it and became one of Tehran's high flyers as I heard later. She left teaching to go into business as rumours suggested.





No comments: